Portland International Raceway hosts an Electric Vehicle double header June 23-24, with electric vehicles in action on and off the track
4th June 2012
TTXGP press office
Saturday will feature the EV Live Festival, which includes electric vehicle test drives, food carts, electric kiddie go-carts, local beers and more. TTXGP, the eGrandPrix and the EV Live Festival will take place at the Portland International Raceway the weekend of June 23 and 24.
TTXGP, the eGrandPrix is an international race series providing a high-profile platform for the development of electric vehicles. Attendees will witness the amazing Round 2 of the TTXGP North America Championship. Round 1 took place on the 4th & 6th of May at Infineon Raceway in California. In conjunction with this international extravaganza, the EV Live Festival takes place at PIR on Saturday June 23. It will feature a family friendly atmosphere with an opportunity to experience a wide range of plug-in electric vehicles firsthand; from prototypes to vehicles on the market today, attendees can test drive EV’s, see demonstrations, on-track exhibitions and witness EV’s being pushed to the max with electric motorcycle racing as part of the championship. The event also will pit emotorcycles against their internal combustion engine counterparts. Those who move on from Saturday will race in Round 2 of the TTXGP North America Championship 2012 on Sunday, June 24.
“EV Live marks a new step in the journey of TTXGP, with EV motorsport and it's impact beyond the track,” says Azhar Hussain, Founder and CEO of TTXGP. “By launching EV Live, Portland is staking its claim for the next generation of transportation technology and we are proud to be a part of it. We hope you can all join us and mark this milestone occasion.”
EV Live will feature:
· Test drives and demonstrations of a full range of plug-in electric vehicles- from 1 to 4 wheels, electric bikes to trucks.
· A next -generation EV showcase from local and international manufacturers featuring Drive Oregon companies.
· A display from Clean Cities and the Oregon Department of Energy on the West Coast Electric Highway and how EVs contribute to the environment, community and economy.
· An EV Cruise-in- a show and tell for a wide range of current EV owners- from Tesla, Nissan LEAF, Chevy Volt, Brammo, Zero and custom conversions.
· Food and Fun for all ages, with activities for kids with Kiddie Go Carts and more! Enjoy the races and rides and grab some great local food and brews.
· On the track: Join us for Round 2 TTXGP North American Championship 2012, the world’s leading electric motorsport series. With racing pit access, autograph opportunities, technology talks and the very best in eRacing. Plus a full day of motorcycle racing from OMRRA.
A showcase of next generation technology will feature a wide range of exhibitors:
· Lit Motors
· Conscious Commuter
· EVO2 Go
· EV 4 Oregon
· Sun Storage
· Solar City
· And many more…
Multnomah County Chair Jeff Cogen serves as the head of Oregon's Transportation Electrification Executive Council and he is pleased to see Portland host such a prestigious event. "This will give everyone the chance to see the good, the value and the importance that electric vehicles have as we try to find ways to offset the use of fossil fuels," Cogen said. "This event is a showcase that will, hopefully, encourage drivers from all over to consider these vehicles as a routine and regular way to get around."
"EV Live and TTXGP provide an excellent venue to demonstrate the cutting edge electric vehicle technologies that are being developed right here in our backyard that compete on a world stage," Says Jeff Allen, Executive Director of Drive Oregon, the state's EV industry association.
EV Live will take place between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at PIR, 1940 N. Victory Blvd, Portland, Ore.. TTXGP electric motorcycle racing will take place on both Saturday and Sunday June 23 and 24, with the final race taking place on Sunday June 24.
Admission to the track is $10 for adults, with children under 12 and military in uniform free. For more information please see the event website
For more information contact our Press Office
(t) +44 (0)870 445 0111