New British team goes exclusive with TTXGP and join the first zero carbon UK Championship.
13th January 2010
666 Road Racing Limited, founded by two racers and now one of the UK's most accomplished carbon component suppliers to the motorsport industry have launched their bid to win the world's first zero carbon championship, the TTXGP 2010.
Joining the TTXGP UK Championship 2010, Team TTXGP 666 is out to convert their success as engineers to the race track.
Co-Founder Nick Potts said, "There are not many podiums we haven't been on this year as suppliers and that has been consistent over the last few years. We produce components for all the biggest teams that run in Europe – no surprise when we turn out the lightest, strongest and sexiest race fairings, components and accessories on the planet!"
Co- Founder Jonathan Shepherd added, "We want to be part of this historic event. We are out to win and make a mark not just in our industry but also in racing. We are totally committed to making this thrilling and exciting championship."
Based in Cheshire, Nick Potts and Jonathan Shepherd founded 666 Road Racing Ltd several years ago and boast among their client list the likes of the Factory Yamaha outfit, Hydrex Honda, Relentless Suzuki, Raceways Yamaha and Parkalgar Honda to name just a few.
The rider is the Co-owner of 666 Road Racing and a former racer in the Motorcycle Endurance Championships, Nick Potts, has a passion for anything two wheels and loves the racing scene. He has a couple of titanium parts holding his body together as proof of his commitment! He leads a team of 5 engineers along with the co-owner Jonathan Shepherd.
Team TTXGP 666 has chosen to race on all new Mavizen TTX02 eSuperbike. The first UK team to go public with the British built zero carbon electric superbike.
Nick said "Mavizen has joined a world class chassis from the RC8 with a championship winning drive train from the TTXGP winning team in 2009. Its proven, its real and it's here. Delivery on the day is what motorsports is all about, and the TTX02 is it for us."
666 Road Racing are particularly familiar with the TTX02 as they have been building the carbon fibre energy containment and propulsion system for all the Mavizen bikes.
Team TTXGP 666 starts at the grid on July 3rd and 4th at Cadwell Park at the inaugural TTXGP UK Championship 2010.
Notes to editors:
1. TTXGP, the world's first low-carbon sanctioned motorsport event, was held on the Isle of Man TT course on June 12, 2009 as part of the traditional TT race programme. 16 motorbikes from six different countries, including the USA, India, Germany, Austria, UK and the Isle of Man took part in the race. A full high definition DVD showing full footage of the historic event is available online www.egrandprix.com
2. TTXGP 2010 now covers North America, Spain, Italy and the UK and 13 events.
3. TTXGP UK Championship is 4 rounds running at Cadwell Park (July 3rd/4th), Snetterton (July 17th/18th), Castle Combe (September 11th/12th) and Brands Hatch (October 2nd/3rd)
4. Top 8 from each national championship invited to TTXGP Final/UEM 2010 at Albacete, Spain on October 24th, 2010.
5. Team website http://www.666roadracing.com/Team666-ttxgp.aspx
For more information contact our Press Office
(t) +44 (0)870 445 0111